Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] HELP Problem with IcCalendar module

• holywars
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #6496 by holywars
By placing the module in position 7 icagenda he did not see the events but lets put it in position 4 works well someone already knows how to put right? I used icagenda_3.2.13

Could anyone help me?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 2 months ago #6516 by Lyr!C
Hello,

Needs more information :
- site template used
- online link
- joomla version

Thank you!
Best Regards,
Lyr!C

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• holywars
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #6519 by holywars
Replied by holywars on topic [SOLVED] HELP Problem with IcCalendar module
i'm sorry... my version of joomla is 2.5.18 the template are www.siteground.com/template-preview/joomla25/siteground-j16-11 my web site is not online because I want to put them online when he works perfectly.
Note: when I use the cnphotos module on the leftside, the icagenda module works perfectly on leftside(position7)... but if I change cnphotos to position4 he doesn't work! only the colors of events change and I can't work with module like if I use the website like a visitor...

Sorry for my english,

Thanks for all your help.

• holywars
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #6558 by holywars
the problem is, I have a conflit with icCalendar module and my template...

Could anyone help me?

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 2 months ago #6560 by Lyr!C

holywars wrote: the problem is, I have a conflit with icCalendar module and my template...

Could anyone help me?

Hi!

I don't have time to test all site templates!
That's why it is more easy when the site is online with this template, and the problem visible.

But, an other user (with a site online, and using a siteground template) reported me an other issue with a siteground template, and the problem was a very bad coding of the site template! (for this user, the site template was attributed to all div including inside of a module the footer background in css (and so, not taking care of possibility of modules using div to display their contents!)

So, today, can't help you unless you have an oline link, but when reading your message, it seems that simply the position given problem is not adapted to xhtml content (that means html and script).
I don't know why some site templates are given such restriction for some position, but the best person to give you an answer is the developper of the site template himself! (but he may needs an online link too!) ;-)

Sorry not to be able to help you more (it's difficult to give a free support with no online link)
Or try to attached some screen shots, in case it could help!

Best Regards,
Lyr!C

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: holywars

• holywars
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #6568 by holywars
Hi.

Thanks for all your help... I create a free domain an I put a test website online...

www.websolutions.alojamentogratuito.com

Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks once again for all you support...

PS. on my localhost works on right side because I have a module cn photos...
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by holywars. Reason: miss descriptions

• holywars
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #6581 by holywars
I have to say thanks for all your help and support but after a few changes I solve my problem.

The problem is, the template use jquery version 1.4.1 and I update jquery to version 1.7.1 and the module works perfectly...

The template have a beautifull design... but the code isn't the best and cause many errors...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #6587 by Lyr!C

holywars wrote: I have to say thanks for all your help and support but after a few changes I solve my problem.

The problem is, the template use jquery version 1.4.1 and I update jquery to version 1.7.1 and the module works perfectly...

The template have a beautifull design... but the code isn't the best and cause many errors...

Thank you for your feedback!

As i'm working hard on developpement those days, me delay of answer on community forum is a bit longer ;-)

Of course, jQUery librairy 1.4.1 is very old! (i recommend on joomla 2.5, the library 1.8, as the most used by joomla extension)
iCagenda is developped to work with 1.8 and later (1.10 on Joomla 3).

Personnaly, i don't recommend siteground templates (siteground is not responsible, but developpers of those templates) as many buggy ones, with bad coding (not easy to be designer and developper as well!)
Your used template seems to be developped for Joomla 1.6... so could explain your problems!
You can find other free templates much more better!

;-)

Lyr!C

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Lyr!C.

• holywars
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #6602 by holywars
Replied by holywars on topic HELP Problem with IcCalendar module

Lyr!C wrote:

holywars wrote: I have to say thanks for all your help and support but after a few changes I solve my problem.

Thank you for your feedback!

As i'm working hard on developpement those days, me delay of answer on community forum is a bit longer ;-)

Of course, jQUery librairy 1.4.1 is very old! (i recommend on joomla 2.5, the library 1.8, as the most used by joomla extension)
iCagenda is developped to work with 1.8 and later (1.10 on Joomla 3).

Personnaly, i don't recommend siteground templates (siteground is not responsible, but developpers of those templates) as many buggy ones, with bad coding (not easy to be designer and developper as well!)
Your used template seems to be developped for Joomla 1.6... so could explain your problems!
You can find other free templates much more better!

;-)

Lyr!C

You're right for joomla 1.6 the templates works perfectly... I'm out of informatic tecnologies since 2010... now i'm back again and joomla are in 2.5 stable version and 3.0 beta tester... many changes are made many modules and components disapear and another are created... And the things seems dificult but I will keep going work on joomla and wordpress... My next step is create a few solutions on modules and components and some templates(I know is very Hard :D )

Could you make me a last favor? Send me by a private message, some links to download a good free templates?

Thanks once again when I finished my job with icCalendar I will give a link for website...

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 2 months ago #6620 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic HELP Problem with IcCalendar module

holywars wrote: You're right for joomla 1.6 the templates works perfectly... I'm out of informatic tecnologies since 2010... now i'm back again and joomla are in 2.5 stable version and 3.0 beta tester... many changes are made many modules and components disapear and another are created... And the things seems dificult but I will keep going work on joomla and wordpress... My next step is create a few solutions on modules and components and some templates(I know is very Hard :D )

Could you make me a last favor? Send me by a private message, some links to download a good free templates?

Thanks once again when I finished my job with icCalendar I will give a link for website...

There's a lot, and i not know all ones... all depends on Joomla 2.5 or 3...

But if you want to work for future, better to have a look at Joomla 3.2 ;-)
A free nice template on j3 : meetgavern (simple and clear)
But the included core protostar with Joomla 3 is really better than the beez_20 on Joomla 2.5 ! ;-)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new