Forum

× Help Forum English

[WISH LIST] Front-end Management and Timed Out Events

• zencadet
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1229 by zencadet
Hi,

Just a couple of thoughts for iCagenda in case you weren't already considering them:
  1. Past Events: Unless I'm missing a setting, I've noticed that old events stick around. The club I run a website for that uses iCagenda have a lot of events running and I don't always have time to manually unpublish each event as they pass so that newer events are visible without having to scroll through lots of old events. If there was a feature to (perhaps optionally) automatically unpublish or move to a "Past Events" category displayed via a link any event whose date has passed, I think this would be a massive improvement.
  2. Quick Front End Event Adding: While I manage the website, I do not organise all of the events the club runs. Therefore, have you considered a front end method of inputting an event (much as you can submit an article front end). Obviously, category creation can be reserved for back-end, and perhaps some features limited to back-end, but to be able to quickly add an event, maybe even edit an event (say, where the date or venue may have changed).
Just some thoughts, as these strike me as being quite useful. The first one most of all as I could always create back-end permissions for our events organiser.

Keep up the awesome work!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Lyr!C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
11 years 6 months ago #1235 by Lyr!C
About first point, you have option in the menu-link to event list : "past", "futur" or "all" events... And set by default on "all" That may answer to this wish ;)

About second point, it's in developpement. Maybe not ready for 1.3 but for 1.4

Thanks for your message !

:)

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: zencadet

• zencadet
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #1236 by zencadet
Aha! I had a complete blind-spot there for Past Events. I spent a good 10 - 15 minutes searching for a way before posting. Thanks! :)

Good news about the front-end bits being in development; I look forward to seeing it.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your swift response!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lyr!C

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new