Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] Back end event time cannot save

• metro
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #3812 by metro
When I am creating event, I choose the day and time for a event. However, most of the time, I need to save the event several times to actually save the event time. Otherwise, when I open the event, it shows something like 2013-06-22 00:00.

Server environment:
PHP 5.2.6-1
Joomla! 2.5.9
iC agenda™ 2.1.5
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 11 months ago #3815 by Lyr!C
Replied by Lyr!C on topic Back end event time cannot save
Yes, this is because you don't have updated, the fix is in 2.1.7...

BUT !

IMPORTANT for YOU :

First, update your joomla to 2.5.11 (it is an important security update, and 2.5.9 has vulnerabilities!)

Secundly, update iCagenda to the latest version 2.1.12 (in a few hours, i will add the 2.1.13 with a little fix for class suffix when error reporting is set on "on")

And a other thing you can do, and may be really useful for the future : update your php version to at least 5.3 !
How to do that ? You can ask your hoster (the easier way, and sometimes they do it themselves!), or search on joomla.org forum
Why it is important ? : Php 5.3 is the minimum recommanded for Joomla 2.5 and the minimum required for Joomla 3. More and more extensions are using now only php 5.3 as minimum (iCagenda is developped under php 5.3+ but i've still added some code for php 5.2 (but with php 5.2 some settings could not work as describe in documentation)

PHP 5.2 is 2 years old without updates, and since php 5.3 new features help developper to do new things working better, but this new features aren't compatible with php 5.2.

Hope this information will help you to use Joomla in a better way ;-)

Regards,
Lyr!C

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new