Main menu

Forum

× Help Forum English

[SOLVED] Awesome extension - Problems with the change month arrows in the iC Calendar

• d0kt0r
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #3903 by d0kt0r
First of all, an awesome extension. The best I've tried so far.

I have a small problem with the arrows in the iC Calendar module. I've tried with all the settings of the cache (disabled and conservative), and none of them works.

Joomla 2.5.8
Rockettheme Template
The frontend is : www.vmfs.es

Thanks in advance!!!

d0kt0r.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Lyr!C. Reason: [SOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #3906 by Lyr!C
Thanks! :)

About your problem, sometimes cache or jQuery can be set by a site template.

Can you try to make search about the conflict.

First, i think it can be the template.
Can you test if it is your site template, by, for example using a other template as default just to view if it's working ?
If the same, check all your plugins one by one, to find which one is making conflict.

Note: you site is very slow to load : maybe a transition script for laoding page, that make problem...

Latest version : iCagenda 3.9.3
We recommend every user to keep iCagenda updated.
Don't forget to have your Joomla!™ up-to-date!

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Lyr!C.

• d0kt0r
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #3911 by d0kt0r
Hi!

Tried with the Beez_20 template. Moved the iC Calendar to the position1, just to see it ... And the same, it isn't working.

Disabled loads of plugins. Some of the system/auth/user I was afraid to disable them, but, I've the rest (like aceshop, and other) I've disabled them all. Same results.

I thought from the day 0 the slowliness was due to the server. Even the joomla backend is very slow sometimes. Those godaddy Europe servers are a bit crappy.

Thanks in advance man, if you need something else, just let me know.

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 11 months ago #3919 by Lyr!C
It's really strange...

In general, if tooltip works, but not the arrows, it is a problem of caching.

When you have try beez 20, do you have clear joomla cache, expired files, and browser cache ?

Do you like iCagenda?
I would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on JED (Joomla Extensions Directory) .

File Attachment:

• Zic
More
10 years 11 months ago #3950 by Zic
Hi,
First of all, thank you for the great extension.

I updated to the latest release (2.1.14) and since I did I also have the non-responsive arrows in iC Calendar. When I changed the website template it worked, so the conflict would appear to be with the template. As the site is designed around the template - changing it is not an option. Changing settings on the template might impact other extensions/components/plugins/etc.

If there isn't a simple fix solution I will revert back to the previous release for the short term, since the site is live.

Appreciate your support.

PS. I will consider the pro version, if there will be more control in the design of the registration elements at a future point, but since the functionality is the same right now, I am happy to facilitate the advertisement of iCagenda on my website!

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 11 months ago #3951 by Lyr!C

Zic wrote: Hi,
First of all, thank you for the great extension.

I updated to the latest release (2.1.14) and since I did I also have the non-responsive arrows in iC Calendar. When I changed the website template it worked, so the conflict would appear to be with the template. As the site is designed around the template - changing it is not an option. Changing settings on the template might impact other extensions/components/plugins/etc.

If there isn't a simple fix solution I will revert back to the previous release for the short term, since the site is live.

Appreciate your support.

To have help, you have to provide more information :

- link to see the problem
- which version installed before update

Thanks! B)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• Zic
More
10 years 11 months ago #3953 by Zic
No problem!
If you click on the link (frontend) there is a trial event placed on 11th July.

I have only had experience of version icagenda_2.0.6, as it was the first version installed on the website. The update was direct to 2.1.14.

Thank you for the quick response ;)

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 11 months ago #3957 by Lyr!C

Zic wrote: No problem!

I have only had experience of version icagenda_2.0.6, as it was the first version installed on the website. The update was direct to 2.1.14.

The problem seems to be your module mod_loginregister

Try to set jquery loading in module options on yes (not auto), or better : install jQuery Easy plugin (because, it's more simple, prevent conflict, and will load a more recent version of jQuery for breezingforms ;-)

The problem is that iC calendar is loaded (as of its order in module) after your login module.
There's a function to detect in iC calendar, if jquery already loaded. And so, it works on your website.
But your login module doesn't test if jQuery already loaded, so loaded it a second time, after breezing form (not good !)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

• Zic
More
10 years 11 months ago #3969 by Zic

Lyr!C wrote:

Zic wrote: No problem!

The problem seems to be your module mod_loginregister

Try to set jquery loading in module options on yes (not auto), or better : install jQuery Easy plugin (because, it's more simple, prevent conflict, and will load a more recent version of jQuery for breezingforms ;-)

The problem is that iC calendar is loaded (as of its order in module) after your login module.
There's a function to detect in iC calendar, if jquery already loaded. And so, it works on your website.
But your login module doesn't test if jQuery already loaded, so loaded it a second time, after breezing form (not good !)

Lyr!C,
I really appreciate your support and many thanks for the heads up on jQuery observations. I have taken your advice, installed jQuery Easy and now have no more conflicts with iC calendar.
Problem solved & a happy customer!

• Lyr!C
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lead Developer
More
10 years 11 months ago #3980 by Lyr!C
Yes, this plugin is really wonderful on a joomla 2.5 website !

And, you can thanks the developper of jQuery Easy for his great work ! ;)

Do you like iCagenda?

File Attachment:

Moderators: Lyr!C
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Follow Us

Create your Joomla templates with Template Creator CK

acymailing logo new